ER Editor: This year’s Tour de France cycling competition kicked off on July 1, 2022 and finishes in Paris on the 24th.
Tour de France – Abandonment of Victor Lafay: “We are all negative for the Covid tests. There is something else, because we all have our lungs screwed up”
A strange illness is crossing the field of the Tour de France and is bringing down professional cyclists with each passing day. And since investigative journalists do not investigate – as the professional ethics charter would have it – we thought it was appropriate to put our nose to it, just to get a little ahead of what is going be revealed one day or another.
In a video from Eurosport France, the sports journalist goes to meet the competitor Victor Lafay, to understand the abandonment of this member of the Cofidis team on the road to Saint-Etienne. “You are sick, injured, you have an explanation, because it’s not usual for you, we saw you very well in previous races, how do you explain all that?” The response from the 26-year-old professional is surprising: “I’m sick, I’m not the only one, I was talking to Castroviejo in the group, who can’t breathe either. I’m struggling to breathe, I lack oxygen and it’s getting worse and worse. There is nothing I can do!”
It is quite natural that the journalist then asks him if he has not had the covid. To which Victor Lafay replies: “All the Covid tests are negative and there are a bunch of them in the peloton, it’s the same who are all negative for Covid. So, could it be something else? Many of us have the same symptoms.”
Le Monde went, in turn, to interview the runner to understand Victor Lafay’s abandonment and the explanations are the same:
“No strength, and then impossible to breathe. I talked about it in the peloton, there are many who have it. Castroviejo (Ineos), he told me it was the same, Pierre Rolland (B&B Hôtels KTM) too, Naesen (AG2R Citroën) who retired had also told me about it. We are all negative for Covid tests . So either we’re negative but we still have it, or it’s something else. We talk a lot about the Covid, but there may be something else. In any case, we all have the lungs screwed up. And when the muscles are not oxygenated, after a while it can no longer work.”
To our greatest dismay, the journalists’ investigation stops there. It would have been appropriate to ask a sports doctor, formerly doctor of the Olympic team, Martine Gardénal. The latter does not cut corners and explained to us at the start of the year what all athletes know and dare not say:
“There are athletes who complain of being very tired. A study published in June – all this remains silent so as not to hear that these injections have side effects – announced a loss of power and fatigability which modified the results by 40%. It’s huge, we lose half of our results.”
In another vein, former footballer Matt Le Tissier wanted an investigation into the many cardiac arrests in sport: ” It’s just incredible the number of people, not just footballers, athletes in general, in tennis, cricket , basketball… how many of them collapsed? ” For the former international, the first midfielder to score a hundred goals in the Premier League, we must no longer be silent, we must speak, “And at some point, we must say to ourselves that this is not normal and that an investigation must be launched.”
In 2021, the Danish runner, Jakob Fuglsang, complained of declining performance after being vaccinated with a second dose against Covid.
(ER: go down to 2nd post. Translation of headline: “Since my 2nd dose I can’t go on.” Some riders of the peloton have dragged their misery behind during the tour de france. The second Covid injection having hurt their bodies.)
But to help our journalists — if there are still any brave ones left — we are giving them a few leads on how to go and interview these athletes:
(ER: Browsers can translate these articles into English)
- Sprinter Sarah Atcho suffers from pericarditis after 3rd dose Pfizer
- 3 young cyclists affected by heart problems after the Pfizer vaccine
- Christophe Lemaitre withdraws because of his vaccination
- Jacques Borlée notes a loss of power in his athletes after vaccination
- Surfing world champion Kelly Slater denounces the death of 5 loved ones following the injection
- Basketball player Richard Harvard stops his season following heart problems from the vaccine
- Former professional basketball player Ben Madgen has pericarditis after Pfizer vaccine
- Footballer Adama Traoré collapses on the pitch clutching his chest
- Kyle Warner, professional mountain biker, with pericarditis, postural tachycardia and arthritis after Pfizer injection
- Florian Dagoury, world record holder for apnea, diagnosed with myocarditis and pericarditis after his Pfizer vaccination
- Triathlete Antoine Méchin ends his season because of the Moderna vaccine
- Tennis player Jérémy Chardy forced to suspend his season: “I regret having had the vaccine! »
Well we’ll stop there, the journalists of the system will already get by with all that, we’re going back to our conspiracy.