– Independent: Brexit Party relaunch group has bank account shut down
– Daily Mail: Free speech group ‘is cancelled by PayPal’: Three accounts set up by Toby Young are cut off by US giant for breaking ‘acceptable use policy’
– Reaction: Laurence Fox’s Reclaim party refused bank accounts
– Laurence Fox:
“I’m not closing my Barclays account. They will have to do that for me.
We are about to see whether personal belief will affect your ability to transact in the future.
Welcome to the People’s Republic of Great Britain.”
– The Times: Yorkshire Building Society ‘closed vicar’s account after trans protest’
– The Telegraph: Banks told to uphold free speech after blacklisting customers holding certain views