Update on Russian military operations in and around Ukraine for November 11, 2022.
– Russia completes withdrawal from Kherson city to east bank of the Dnieper River;
– Ukraine has lost its last major opportunity to corner and destroy/capture large numbers of Russian forces/equipment;
– Russia continues stated process of de-militarizing Ukraine;
– US aid to Ukraine becomes increasingly unrealistic
– Hawk missiles designed in the 1960s and unused for 2 decades are being “refurbished” for a lack of better options;
– “Avenger” systems to be sent in small numbers (4) which are essentially Stinger missiles attached to a Hummer – after training for Ukrainian operators is completed;
– Dwindling amounts of basic ammunition continue to be sent to Ukraine, prolonging the conflict, but not in quantities to even allow Ukraine to hold what it has;
– As Russian forces withdrew from Kherson city, they advanced elsewhere in southern and northern Donbass.
US Department of Defense – $400 Million in Additional Assistance for Ukraine (November 10, 2022): https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases…
US DoD – Sabrina Singh, Deputy Pentagon Press Secretary, Holds a Press Briefing Nov. 10, 2022: https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcri…
CSIS – Missile Defense Project, Pantsir S-1: https://missilethreat.csis.org/defsys…
CSIS – Can the United States Do More for Ukrainian Air Defense?: https://www.csis.org/analysis/can-uni…