BBC: “Israel bought large stocks of the [Covid-19] jab in exchange for acting as the world’s guinea pig.”
On November 18, 2020, Israel’s senior health officials were caught unprepared when Pfizer announced that its vaccine was “90% effective” (revised to 95%) against Covid-19. They had ordered millions of vaccine doses from Moderna and AstraZeneca but none for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
How then, did Israel procure an estimated four to five million doses of the Pfizer vaccine in December 2020 – enough to vaccinate at least two million people?
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu sought to show that he singlehandedly saved the day; as did Donald Trump when he launched Operation Warp Speed, to accelerate the production and distribution of Covid-19 vaccines. Both heads of state entered into secret contracts with vaccine manufacturers. Both failed to disclose to their constituents that the COVID-19 (mRNA) vaccines are experimental.
- The COVID-19 vaccine phase 3 clinical trials have not yet been completed. This is why both the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines have NOT been licensed by the FDA. Both vaccines received “Emergency Use Authorization” (EUA): “a mechanism to facilitate the availability and use of medical countermeasures…Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products.”[i]
- The safety of these experimental vaccines has not been established during the frenzied pace of production and distribution. The sheer speed at which the vaccines were developed and tested precluded obtaining sufficient information about adverse side effects; in particular, serious, long term adverse effects.
- Furthermore, mRNA technology used in these vaccines is also experimental.[ii] No other vaccines using this technology have been approved. The long-term risks are unknown.
- As of January 27, 2021, Johns Hopkins’ tracking system states that the infection fatality rate in the U.S. is 1.7%; in Israel it is 0.7%.[iii]
According to the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as of Dec. 18, 2020 (just when mass vaccinations began), the adverse event rate following Covid-19 vaccination was 2.79%.[iv] This would indicate that the short-term risk of harm from the vaccine is far greater than the risk of dying from COVID-19.
- On December 10th, at FDA’s advisory committee meeting to evaluate Pfizer’s vaccine for use under EUA, Dr. Kathrin Jansen, Pfizer’s lead representative, acknowledged that despite being vaccinated with Pfizer’s vaccine, monkeys became infected when they were exposed to the virus.[v] Pfizer did not test whether vaccinated people could also become infected when exposed to the virus. It is, therefore, entirely possible that the Covid-19 vaccine is no defense against infection.
- On January 26 2021, the World Health Organization posted the latest news about the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine: What You Need to Know, in which the WHO confirmed lack of efficacy evidence: “We do not know whether the vaccine will prevent infection and protect against onward transmission. Immunity persists for several months, but the full duration is not yet known. These important questions are being studied.”[vi]
- The acknowledged lack of evidence for the protective value of both of the mRNA vaccines refutes the widely publicized “90% -95% effectiveness” claims. The absence of evidence for the protective value of these vaccines eliminates the justification for exposure to the risks; and undermines the claimed need for these vaccines.
The high degree of panic generated by continuous, fear-generating claims about the virus, led public health officials to discard the precautionary principle in medicine – “First, do no harm”. Despite serious uncertainty, officials proceeded full speed ahead, with mass vaccination. It is astonishing that the government of Israel entrusted the health of the people to Pfizer; by entering into a secret contract that enrolled the Israeli population to become research subjects, without their knowledge or consent.
Under the contract, Real World Epidemiological EvidenceCollaboration Agreement,[vii] the government signed a commitment to vaccinate the entire seven million adult population and to provide weekly data on its citizens during a 24-month surveillance follow-up study. The government disregarded potentially serious medical risks from the experimental vaccine and risks to privacy.
Israel is considered an ideal place for a vast epidemiological study, encompassing 9.3 million people, because of its universal, state-sponsored healthcare system in which insurers maintain 40 years of digitized medical records, including vaccination records for each Israeli citizen. This centralized system helped Israel administer more than 2 million doses of the vaccine in under a month. In exchange, Israel received priority delivery of millions of doses of the vaccines.
Netanyahu stated that the reason Israel received so many vaccine doses so quickly is that:
“Israel has committed to send Pfizer data and details especially gathered for them, including the consequences of the inoculations, side effects, efficacy, amount of time it takes to develop antibodies according to different types of population, age, gender, preexisting conditions etc. The agreement extensively details the various parameters that will be sent to Pfizer.”[viii]
Former Prime Minister Ehud Barak pointed out that Pfizer is using the Israeli population as a “perfect testing ground” for its COVID-19 vaccine.
“This data is a treasure trove for Pfizer. It’s a huge asset to Pfizer, because it lets them show that when someone dies after being vaccinated – and people my age tend to die more often – he didn’t die because of the vaccine, but as a result of some background illness.”[ix]
- Israeli citizens became the unwitting human subjects of a massive, unethical, unapproved, non-consensual human experiment. The public was not informed that (a) the vaccine is experimental; (b) the population was being used as human subjects for a two-year epidemiological study; the data is meant to be shared with foreign countries and journals; the secrecy of the contract has led to strong suspicions that (c) their personal medical record – “a data treasure-trove” – would be shared with Pfizer
“In effect, Bibi [Netanyahu] has signed up his people, all seven million citizens aged 12 years and over, without our informed consent, to become the first country in its entirety to do human testing on a technology which has been, for many decades, attempted and failed in the laboratory…Our citizens must first and foremost define the discussion in order to accurately weigh the choices…[We] have been given little information at all and that includes complete opacity of data on the unfolding outcomes of adverse reactions currently taking place.”[x] [Ilana Rachel Daniel, Arutz Sheva, Israel National News]
Pfizer seeks to obtain basic safety and efficacy information that it lacks, in order for its vaccine to be eligible for an FDA license. No vaccine has ever before been administered to millions of people without having met safety and efficacy requirements. The following information must normally be obtained during controlled clinical trials prior to public distribution.
First, the company needs to demonstrate that the vaccine is effective in preventing infection when one is exposed to the virus. Second, serious adverse effects need to be identified and their frequency and duration determined. Third, the risk for specific populations, including children, pregnant women and the elderly need to be identified and weighed against the benefits. Fourth, causes of deaths during the trial need to be documented.
On January 19, 2020, the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported that over 12,400 Israelis who had been vaccinated tested positive for Covid – that’s 56.6% of the 189,000 vaccinated people. Dr. Nachman Ash, Israel’s national pandemic coordinator, warned on Army Radio that: “Many people have been infected between the first and second injections of the vaccine. The protective effect appears “lower than we thought [and] lower than [the data] presented by Pfizer.” He warned that restrictions will continue longer than expected. “With COVID-19 mutations, third lockdown may not be Israel’s last
Should pregnant women be exposed to a controversial, experimental vaccine? The safety of the vaccine has not been adequately ascertained under Operation Warp Speed. It has never been tested in pregnant women.
On January 8th the W.H.O. advised against vaccinating pregnant and breastfeeding women” “due to insufficient data, WHO does not recommend the vaccination of pregnant women at this time.”[xi] The C.D.C. issued conflicting advice:[xii] The WHO came under pressure two days after the media reported the conflicting advice.[xiii] Citing no new data, the WHO rescinded its cautionary guideline stating: “based on the data at hand, we don’t have any….reason to believe there are specific risks…” However, the WHO continues to warn that data on Covid-19 vaccines and pregnancies is lacking, making safety assessments difficult.[xiv]
Those who regard vaccines as a Holy Grail – throw caution to the wind. Have they forgotten the disastrous tragedies that followed when pregnant women were prescribed Thalidomide[xv] and Diethylistilbestrol (DES)? Vaccine zealots disregard medicine’s precautionary “do no harm” principle before applying any invasive medical intervention. They blame the lack of data on the precaution against exposing expectant mothers to clinical trials. Pfizer’s experiment in Israel will fill the gap. Dr. Ash has not only recommended the vaccine for pregnant women, he added pregnant Israeli women to the priority vaccination list.[xvi]
- Pregnant Israeli women have not been informed that the vaccine is experimental. Neither are they aware that they are being consigned – like rabbits – in a massive medical experiment without their informed consent.
Pfizer, the company to whom the Prime Minister and officials of the Department of Health entrusted to test its experimental vaccine on the entire population of Israel, is an unscrupulous business corporation with an extensive Rap Sheet compiled by Corporate Research Project.[xvii] Pfizer’s track record is filled with cases in which it was accused of misleading regulators and the public about the safety of its products.
One of the most notorious cases of criminal human rights violations involved Pfizer’s unapproved clinical trial conducted in Nigeria. Pfizer enrolled 200 children to test its new, experimental antibiotic drug Trovan, deceiving parents by falsely claiming that it was an approved therapy for meningitis. In fact, Pfizer sought to obtain data so that their drug could get an FDA approval; a process that should have taken at least a whole year (or longer) was rushed through in six weeks — much like the testing process for its Covid-19 vaccine was rushed.
The Trovan trial resulted in the death of eleven children, and twelve others were left permanently disabled. Two years later the FDA warned that the drug could cause liver damage and death.
The mass vaccination experiment is being conducted in violation of Israel’s legal ethics requirements; namely, review and approval by the Institutional Review Board / Ethics (Helsinki) Committee.[xviii] The Helsinki Committee approval is required for any research study involving human subjects and is also required for any deal by the Israeli government that provides citizens’ data to other entities, especially if they are foreign. A senior official of the Helsinki Committee confirmed the “clear, unequivocal and unambiguous evidence that the contract with Pfizer is a clinical study”:
“Reading the contract signed between the Israeli government and Pfizer, it is clear, unequivocal and unambiguous that this is a clinical study for all intents and purposes, and thus, it needed to be approved by the Helsinki Committee. And that’s what will be written in the Committee’s opinion:
‘There’s nothing wrong with clinical trials, on the contrary, but clinical trials (human trials) must get committee approval, and of course, from the people on whom the trial is being conducted, while giving the right to refuse to be part of the trial. These are very basic matters.“[xix]
Senior Israel Democracy Institute attorney Dr. Tehila Schwartz-Altshuler described: the experiment in Calcalist: “This is the most extensive study of human beings in the 21st century.
- The experiment violates the Nuremberg Code;[xx] the most important document in the history of medical research ethics standards. The foremost ethical principle of the Nuremberg Code is as relevant today as it was in 1947: “The voluntary, informed consent of the human subject is absolutely essential.”
- Informed consent is “absolutely essential” because it affirms the human right of the individual to accept or reject. Informed consent stands as a moral/legal barrier to ensure that governments “Never Again” pervert medicine.
- “The right to refuse” a medical intervention is reaffirmed under the Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights (2005) which states:
“Any preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic medical intervention is only to be carried out with the prior, free and informed consent of the person concerned, based on adequate information.”[xxi]
- Medicine is not like a commodity; medical decisions are personal, requiring the weighing of benefits against risks. Medicine often involves life and death decisions. Without informed consent of the individual, medicine can be, and has been, weaponized. Under Operation Warp Speed, the dangerously abbreviated clinical trials were far too short to document the scope or severity of vaccine adverse effects.
Risks of greatest concern from the experimental mRNA vaccines are described clearly in detail here.[xxii] Both vaccines are made from messenger RNA and lipid nanoparticles containing polyethylene glycol (PEG). Scientists believe PEG poses a risk of anaphylaxis[xxiii]. The risks include: severe allergic reactions, such as, anaphylaxis; systemic inflammatory response syndrome;[xxiv]autoimmune disease;[xxv] and antibody-dependent enhancement. The latter is the focus of a recent peer reviewed report in the International Journal of Clinical Practice, by scientists from New York University and Tulane who warn that:
“THE RISK OF ADE IN COVID‐19 VACCINES IS NON‐THEORETICAL AND COMPELLING”
“COVID‐19 vaccines designed to elicit neutralising antibodies may sensitise vaccine recipients to more severe disease than if they were not vaccinated.
The prior evidence that vaccine‐elicited, antibody‐dependent enhancement (ADE) of disease is likely to occur to some degree with COVID‐19 vaccines is vertically consistent from controlled SARS studies in primates to clinical observations in SARS and COVID‐19. Thus, a finite, non‐theoretical risk is evident in the medical literature that vaccine candidates composed of the SARS‐CoV‐2 viral spike and eliciting anti‐SARS‐CoV‐2 antibodies, be they neutralising or not, place vaccinees at higher risk for more severe COVID‐19 disease when they encounter circulating viruses.”
- Israel’s Health Ministry claims that it had obtained all required approvals; clearly this is not true.
The other major issue of concern is the violation of the right to PRIVACY.
The transfer of extensive, sensitive medical data to a multi-national foreign corporation exposes every Israeli citizen to extraordinary risks of harm. The most important commodity today is data. The transfer of its citizens’ medical data exposes the State of Israel to security risks.
Pfizer is one of the most unscrupulous business corporations whose court-adjudicated corrupt and illegal business practices includes numerous product safety violations, bribery in eight countries, and other crimes too numerous to be reviewed here.
A 27-year record of pharmaceutical company criminal and civil violations that led to settlements with U.S. state and federal government, was compiled by Public Citizen.[xxvi] Pfizer has the dubious distinction of setting two records; Pfizer’s corrupt business practices resulted in the highest criminal fine in US history for $2.3 billion, and the largest civil fraud settlement of $1 billion.
This is the company to whom Prime Minister Netanyahu and Israel’s Department of Health entrusted with the data of its citizens’ personal medical records. That data contains a treasure trove of information that Pfizer might even sell to the highest bidder.
Attorney Tehila Schwartz-Altshuler of Israel Democracy Institute expressed serious concerns about the secret contractual provisions; which she strongly suspects, provide Pfizer with anonymized personal data of citizens’ medical records from which names, addresses and ID numbers are removed. However, she noted that:
“One of the crucial problems with the agreement is that although it acknowledges the need to preserve anonymity and privacy of Israelis, it does not outline steps to protect this principle…and there are loopholes, such as secondary uses of data. ”
“The problem is that technology today is so advanced that research has shown that even data that has been rendered anonymous can be “de-anonymized. [It is a] huge risk.”[xxvii]
Jonathan Klinger, a cyberlaw attorney and legal adviser for the Israeli Digital Rights Movement, a nonprofit group, agrees: “we don’t really know what’s being shared. Even if aggregated or anonymous data is transferred, it could be re-identified. This is still a concern.”
“Bibi feels that my health data belongs to him. If you give someone else or give away my medical records — which are the most sensitive kind of data that someone can know about me — you need my permission. Why didn’t you ask for my permission? Treating this personal data as if it belongs to the government is “not ethically, not legally and not morally right.”” [TSA]
The Helsinki Ethics Committee has yet to issue its ruling about the experiment and the transmission of personal health data to Pfizer without the specific agreement of every individual person who is a de facto subject.