International Actions to Halt and Delay 5G
The growing awareness of the health impact of the 4G/5G densification is resulting in action by policymakers worldwide. Cities are issuing resolutions and calls for research before deployment. There are citizen organizations in almost every country working on this and a growing list of public officials speaking out.
For example, in the United States the state of New Hampshire has a 5G Bill HB 522 that asks, “Why have 1,000s of peer-reviewed studies, including the recently published U.S. Toxicology Program 16-year $30 million study, that are showing a wide range of statistically significant DNA damage, brain and heart tumors, infertility, and so many other ailments, being ignored by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC)?” and, “Why have more than 220 of the worlds leading scientists signed an appeal to the WHO and the United Nations to protect public health from wireless radiation and nothing has been done?”
EHT is compiling a list of actions. This is NOT a complete list. Please email EHT at email@example.com let us know actions we need to add. Note that US City actions are detailed on the EHT page on City 4G/5G policy.
Belgium, Brussels, Radiation concerns halt Brussels 5G development, for now, HLN Brussels Times, 01/04/2019
Florence, Italy, Florence will use the precautionary principle for the rollout of 5G, Lennart Hardell’s Blog, 08/04/2019
Italy, XII Municipality of Roma Capital, A Municipality of Rome votes against 5G: what will the Giunta do?, Terra Nuova, 28/03/2019
Municipality of Rocca di Papa, Italy voted on a Moratorium to halt 5G
Netherlands Chamber wants radiation research first, then 5G network, AD News, 04/04/2019
Russia The Ministry of Defense refused to transmit to the operators the frequencies for 5G,Vedomosti, 28/03/2019
Cantons of Geneva, Vaud, and Neuchatel halt 5G and country to monitor radiation levels.
- Geneva stops construction of 5G antennas, 20 Minutes Switzerland, 11/04/2019
- Switzerland blocks the deployment of 5G telephony until its security is demonstrated, ABC Society, 14/04/2019
- Swiss canton blocks 5G mobile rollout, le News Switzerland, 11/04/2019
- Switzerland to measure RFR levels and monitor potential health risks posed by 5G networks
Notable California court ruling on small cells California Supreme Court Sides with Cities in Small Cell Faceoff, Government Technology, 05/04/2019
Actions by US Cities: See a full compilation of the US Cities issuing ordinances to slow the densification of 4/5G Antennas at this link USA Cities on 5G Small Cells Action.
Actions proposed in US states include:
- Proposed- New Hampshire Bill 522: An act establishing a commission to study the environmental and health effects of evolving 5G technology which asks “Why have 1,000s of peer-reviewed studies, including the recently published U.S. Toxicology Program 16-year $30 million study, that are showing a wide-range of statistically significant DNA damage, brain and heart tumors, infertility, and so many other ailments, being ignored by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC)?” and “Why are the FCC-sanctioned guidelines for public exposure to wireless radiation based only on the thermal effect on the temperature of the skin and do not account for the non- thermal, non-ionizing, biological effects of wireless radiation?”
- proposed– Montana Joint Resolution 13“A JOINT RESOLUTION OF THE SENATE AND THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE STATE OF MONTANA URGING CONGRESS TO AMEND THE FEDERAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT TO ACCOUNT FOR HEALTH EFFECTS OF SITING SMALL CELL NETWORK EQUIPMENT IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS” which states “the State of Montana has long valued its healthy environment and the well-being of its citizens; and the siting of modern small cell network infrastructure in residential areas can create radiation exposure risks for citizens; and section 704 of the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 prohibits state and local governments from regulating wireless service provider infrastructure siting on the basis of environmental effects. NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE SENATE AND THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE STATE OF MONTANA Congress be urged to amend the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 to account for the health effects of siting small cell network equipment in residential areas.”
US CITY RESOLUTIONS
- Hallandale Beach Florida Passes 5G Small Cell Tower Resolution: Read press release here. See the Hallandale Beach Florida Resolution here.
- Greendale, Wisconsin Resolution No. R2018-20 in November 2018 : The Board of Trustees of the Village of Greendale, County of Milwaukee, State of Wisconsin, passed Resolution No. R2018-20 in November 2018 in opposition to the FCC’s September 26, 2018 Order because the Order s an unprecedented attack on local control of Greendale’s largest asset, the public rights-of-way, for 5G technology; threatens the Village’s responsibility to protect the health, safety and welfare of its residents; and threatens the Village of Greendale’s designation as a National Historic Landmark. The Village asked the FCC for changes that maintain a reasonable level of local control. The Resolution was sent to the FCC and State and Federal officials.Resolution No. R2018-20 Greendale Wisconsin RESOLUTION RELATING TO EXPANDED USE OF PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY BY WIRELESS PROVIDERS FOR 5G TECHNOLOGY AND OTHER WIRELESS SERVICES, AND ASKING FOR CHANGES THAT MAINTAIN A REASONABLE LEVEL OF LOCAL CONTROL
Increasing Awareness of 5G Health Effects Internationally
- Germany, BfS recommends careful 5G expansion, The Federal Office for Radiation Protection ( BfS ), 20/03/2019
- Guernsey, Call to halt 5G technology in Guernsey due to health fears, ITV News, 11/03/2019
- Malta, Brussels 5G scare sparks no action over Huawei in Malta, Malta Today, 12/04/2019
Citizen Petitions on 5G
- Germany, Germans petition Parliament to stop 5G auction on health grounds,TELECOMPAPER, 08/04/2019
- Switzerland, Petition against 5G and its dangers, Change.org, A 21-year-old nursing school student, Martin Grimm, launched a petition against 5G and its health risks in 5 languages addressed to the President of Switzerland and three others, including the Minister of communications, at the beginning of March. It now has over 50,000 signatures.
- United Kingdom, Stop the Trial of 5G on the Isles of Scilly and Cornwall, 38 Degrees
This page will be updated soon as we compile more.
Where can I find published research on 5G?
Please go to EHTs page on peer-reviewed published research on 5G
Where can I learn more about 5G?
Letters from the US Congress asking for documentation of safety in regards to the 5G rollout
Chairman Pai’s Response to Members of Congress Regarding the Potential Impact of 5G Deployment on RF Exposure