BUDDY HOLLY The Day the Music Lied

by Miles Mathis
As usual, this is just my opinion based on internet research anyone can do—but doesn’t.
Yep, here’s another one, and this one really doesn’t make me happy. As you may know, I am from
Lubbock, Texas. My family moved there from Amarillo when I was 4. I graduated from Monterey
High School in 1981. So I grew up on Buddy Holly stories. This is one you haven’t heard before.
I have had some suspicion for several years, but I didn’t really want to follow up on it. As with a few
other topics like Chomsky, Twain, Liz Montgomery, and others, I had been avoiding this one. But
today I tripped over some facts that couldn’t be ignored.
As you may know, there have always existed conspiracy theories with this one. Some people have
suggested he was murdered, since a gun was found near the airplane wreckage. It was supposed to
be Holly’s gun, and it was supposed to have been fred twice. As it turns out, that is all misdirection.
As we have seen in all other cases I have unwound, they create an alternative story for those not
buying the mainstream story. If you don’t buy the accidental death, they create a murder scenario
for you. Or if the main story was a murder and you don’t buy it, they offer you a suicide or
something. The important thing is they give you two choices, so you seem to keep your freedom.
But they never put a faked death on the table. That is never one of your choices. But here—as in all
the other events—the correct answer is behind door number 3.
I like to tell you how my mind works, so you can see how I got here. To start with, I have always
wondered how this 18-year-old kid from Podunk, TX (yes, Lubbock really is Podunk, and I know that
from firsthand experience) managed to open for Elvis Presley at several major venues in 1955. By
the end of the year he was headlining, and at age 19 Holly was signed by Paul Cohen to Decca
Records. Decca had been founded by Jack and Dave Kapp.
Cohen and the Kapps were Jewish, so we already have a pointer in that direction.
Although still just 19, Buddy was not happy with the way he was treated at Decca, complaining of a
lack of creative control. That itself is a clue, since we should ask why he was acting like such a little
prince? Would you expect a 19-year-old kid to be given total creative control in his first recording
sessions? Only if he were cloaked royalty of some sort.
Holly unceremoniously dumped Decca and went to producer Norman Petty, where he immediately
recorded “That’ll be the Day”.  Petty sent the demo to Brunswick Records in New York, who released
it without even re-recording it. It went to number one while Holly was still 20. These things don’t
just happen, not without major connections. We aren’t ever told what Holly’s connections were. We
are supposed to believe he was just super talented, and the rest took care of itself.
But the world doesn’t work like that. It doesn’t matter how talented you are: you have to know people. Your
parents have to know people.
[I will pause here to show you a contradiction in Buddy’s bio. They tell us he couldn’t release
“That’ll be the Day” with Brunswick under his own name, because he was still under contract to
Decca. But on the Brunswick page, we are told that in 1957,
Brunswick was owned by Decca. So
Brunswick was just a label of Decca. We are told Brunswick gave Buddy creative and financial
control (at age 20); but since Brunswick was Decca’s own label, why are we being sold opposing
stories here? Why would Decca sit on him and then end his contract—after only a few months—
while Brunswick promoted him and gave him everything he wanted? Something is being hidden
More recently, after discovering how the world really does work, it occurred to me that Holly
probably had some connection to Reese Air Force Base, a large base just outside of Lubbock.
Although they usually tell you what the father of a famous person did in their bio, curiously the
encyclopedias skip over that with Buddy. We are only told his father changed jobs several times. But
they do admit that Buddy’s two older brothers were military. A little more research shows that the
Big Bopper was also military. He had been in the army up until 1957 (at least). I suspect the Bopper
was still in the military in 1959, and you will soon see why.
Those are the clues that got me off the ground, but I really starting flying when I discovered a few
other curious facts. One, the plane crashed in a field in Iowa, as you may know. What you may not
know is that the field was owned by an Albert Juhl.
That leaped out at me, because of course that is a Jewish name.
Juhl was also related to Luekes and Jacobs.  He is very hard to get any information
about, but that is enough to go on for now. If we combine that with some other info, it begins to jell.
One of the things we can combine it with is that Iowa Air National Guard is nearby in Ft. Dodge, IA.
It is about 25 miles from the crash site. US Army Aviation is also nearby, about the same distance.
We have seen that Military Intelligence likes to runs its projects within easy driving distance. Saves
on gas, I guess.
The other big early clue for me was Clear Lake, IA, where Holly allegedly had just played. In the
mainstream story, we are told Holly was trying to earn quick money on this tour to pay for studio
time and so on in New York City, where he had big plans. But if you were coming off a string of hits
and were trying to earn money by touring, would you be playing in Clear Lake, IA, in the middle of
winter?  No, you would be playing in big cities in the South. Do you know what the population of
Clear Lake, IA, was in 1959?  About 6,000.
Another reason they probably ran the event in Iowa is that Buddy’s record label Brunswick had
been founded and run out of nearby Dubuque, Iowa. So they had people on the ground there, both
in military and out of it. Brunswick was founded by John Moses Brunswick. Note the middle name.
They admit he was Jewish. By the 1950s, Brunswick Records was owned by Decca, but some of the
old people were still there, including—we may assume—some from the Iowa set.
The whole story about who was on that plane is also fishy in the extreme. We are told Holly
chartered the plane because he was tired of freezing in the bus, but if that is so he would not have
allowed his own band members to be bumped from the plane by a coin toss. And yet that is the
story we are told. Valens and the Bopper won coin tosses, bumping Waylon Jennings and Tommy
Allsup. That makes no sense. So we must assume the plane roster was chosen in some other way.
The fact that the military man Richardson (Big Bopper) got on the plane this way indicates a hoax.
Another clue is the alleged pilot, Roger Peterson.
He had not completed his instrument fight rating, and was therefore not certified for nighttime flying. He was also not certified for instruments- only fying. That is admitted at FindaGrave.com and Wikipedia. Since the plane took off at 1am with visibility under 8 miles and a low ceiling, there is no way Dwyer Flying Service would have
chosen him as the pilot for that plane. In an interview, Jerry (Hubert J.) Dwyer, owner of the Service,
stated that Peterson requested the flight, implying that Dwyer personally OK’ed it. Dwyer does not
explain why he OK’ed an illegal fight with an uncertified pilot or why he was never charged for this
crime. Dwyer always implied he knew the real story of the crash and would someday tell it in a
book, but of course that never happened.
Also notice they tell you the plane was a 1947
Beechcraft Bonanza. Note the date, used a signal.
Also curious is that the plane didn’t burn when it crashed.
It should have had 250 pounds of fuel on board, but apparently had almost none, since there was no fire.
This was admitted as strange in 2015, when a flight expert and former TSA worker tried to reopen the investigation. His theory is they forgot to fuel the plane, but the more likely explanation—given what we will find below—is that
they simply created the wreckage by hand, forgetting to fake the required fire.
Also curious that Dwyer allegedly took possession of the wreckage, never allowing it to be studied by
a forensic team. Under normal circumstances, the NTSB should have been required to open an
investigation, completing a thorough study and publishing a report. A report exists, but it is nothing
but a nest of clues and red fags. The report
published at ntsb.gov is an absurd fabrication with
many anomalies, not the least of which is that although they list the passengers, they don’t mention
Buddy Holly. That passenger is listed as Charles Hardin. Do you really think they didn’t know or
couldn’t find out that his last name was Holley? They took almost a month to publish this report,
but never figured out that was Buddy Holley? So, according to the official published report, Charles
Holley was NOT on board this plane. We have a similar problem with the Big Bopper, since he is
listed as J. P. Richardson. An official government report would not use initials like that. They would
have listed him as Jiles Perry Richardson, Jr., his full name.
[Note the middle name: we will see it again later.]
As for the rest of the report, it doesn’t read like the report of a real investigation, it
reads like a pre-fabricated story, one prepared to sell a desired outcome.
A search on Hubert J. Dwyer pulls up someone of that exact name at Pace University who wrote a
book on the T-model of stock earnings in 1988. You can fnd a listing at Amazon. Whether that is
him or his son is impossible to discover, but I would say—given everything we will discover here—
Dwyer Aviation was a CIA front.
Dwyer appears to be some sort of agent, and the story we are told
is false in all particulars. No plane ever took off, much less crashed that night.
Want more proof? We are given the serial number of the plane. It was a 1947 Beech Bonanza model
35, #S/N1019. But a check of Beechcraft’s own website tells us no such number was ever issued.
The 1947 Beech Bonanzas model 35 were issued D serials number from 1 to 1209. In 83 pages of
serial numbers on Beech aircraft, not one was an S/N number like that. There may be a simple
explanation of that I am not aware of, but it doesn’t really matter. These Bonanzas were both cheap
and common, and they clearly trucked this one in from a nearby scrap pile. The photos of the crash
scene are readily available, and aren’t convincing at all. To start with, the wreckage is mangled far
beyond what would be expected, given the story we are told. Although the plane is supposed to have
crashed soon after take-off in a soft field of snow, this plane looks like it hit a large brick building at
full speed.
Another clue—always missed—is Buddy’s wife, Maria Elena Santiago. Being from Texas, I knew that
wasn’t a local girl. There are a lot of Spanish names down here, but very few of that sort. We are
told she was Puerto Rican, being a lowly receptionist at Peer Music, but I ain’t buying it. She looks
and sounds upper class.  To me, she looks way too good to be dating some hick from Lubbock, hit record or no. Which means neither of them are who we have been told. These later photos confrm it:

This photo, supplied by Heritage Auction Galleries, shows Buddy Holly on the day he married Maria Elena Holly, just months before his tragic death .A watch that the rock ‘n’ roll legend wore the day he died in a plane crash in Iowa on Feb. 3, 1959. This spring, Holly’s widow will auction his watch, unreleased music recordings and other personal items, including his suits and passport, at Heritage Auction Galleries and Auctioneers in Dallas, April 14-15, 2006.(AP Photo/Heritage Auction Galleries)

First published July 4, 2017
To go to post and view pictures – and full text

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.