Fighting The Good Fight

Image result for Stand up for what is right

Image result for Stand up for what is right

Picture

Image result for I fought the good fight

Rev 3:11 I am coming soon! Hold on to what you have so that no one takes your victor’s crown.
Rev 3:12 I will make the one who conquers to become a pillar in the sanctuary of my God, and he will never go out of it again. I will write on him the name of my God, the name of the city of my God (the new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God), and my own new name.

8 Responses to “Fighting The Good Fight”

1. RabbiT says:

Those who have truly welcomed Jesus as Lord, whether Jew or Gentile, is the new Israel, not the Holy Land.

“Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.” Ephesians 5.11

• UglyTruth says:

“Lord” is ambiguous.

Philemon 2:10-11
      Isaiah 45:21-23

• RabbiT says:

There is no Philemon 2 as I am aware.

Did you mean Philippians 2:10-11?

“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

On Isaiah 45:21-23

“Declare what is to be, present it—let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past?
        Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.”

I seldom review my posts but on this occasion I again fail to see your point UT.

The two scriptures demonstrate consistency and on the face of it prophesy.

John 10.30:

“I and my Father are one.”

• UglyTruth says:

Yes, it should have been Phiippians. The next two verses of Isaiah illustrate the problem.

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
        I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
        Isaiah 45:22-23

The point is that in Isaiah, YHWH declares himself to be singular, and his name is not Jesus as implied by Paul.

If you check the link you’ll see that Paul identifies Jesus with Isaiah 45, but Isaiah 45 refers to “God the Father” of Trinitarian doctrine.

2. Thomas H Mitchell says:

The “Ugly Truth” website is blocked by various internet security software for being a malicious malware site.

3. UglyTruth says:

Thanks for the heads up. There’s no malware there AFAIK. Here’s an alternate link.