Submissions to Theresa May’s child sex abuse inquiry accidentally deleted

Victims of alleged child abuse who submitted testimonies to website between 14 September and 2 October deleted due to technical blunder.

 

3677The Independent Inquiry into Child Sex Abuse set up by Theresa May has been beset by delays, including the resignation of two if its previous chairs. Photograph: Phil Noble/Reuters

 

Information provided by alleged child abuse victims to the overarching inquiry set up by Theresa May has been deleted due to a blunder, it has emerged.

Submissions sent through an online form to the inquiry between 14 September and 2 October were “instantly and permanently deleted” on Thursday before they reached staff.

The information had been sent to the “share your experience” section of the Independent Inquiry into Child Sex Abuse (IICSA) website, set up for victims and survivors wanting to share their experiences with officials working on the probe.

Those who provided details between the two dates have now been asked to resubmit their information. The inquiry apologised for the incident and stressed that no material was at risk of disclosure.

The inquiry – set up last July following claims of a high-level cover-up of abuse – has been beset by delays following the resignation of two previous chairwomen, Lady Butler-Sloss and and Fiona Woolf.

Lowell Goddard, a New Zealand judge, finally opened the probe earlier this year. It is set to be Britain’s largest ever public inquiry and is expected to take up to five years.

A statement on the IICSA website said: “Due to a change in our website address to http://www.iicsa.org.uk on 14 September, any information submitted to the Inquiry between 14 September and 2 October through the online form on the Share your experience page of our website, was instantly and permanently deleted before it reached our engagement team.

“We are very sorry for any inconvenience or distress this will cause and would like to reassure you that no information was put at risk of disclosure or unauthorised access.

“We would like to apologise again to anyone who submitted details to the Inquiry during this time and to ask you to please resubmit your information through the online form.”

Goddard is to receive a salary of £360,000 a year with a rental allowance of £110,000 a year and a £12,000 utility allowance on top. The terms of her appointment also provide for four return flights a year to New Zealand for herself and her husband, plus two economy return flights a year for her family. The Home Office will provide her with a car and driver to be used for official travel only.

Goddard’s appointment is for the duration of the inquiry, which is expected to last until at least 2020.She is on an initial fixed-term contract until December 2018 with provision to extend it for a further period to be agreed with the Home Office.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/15/submissions-to-theresa-mays-child-sex-abuse-inquiry-accidentally-deleted?CMP=twt_gu

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

3 Responses to “Submissions to Theresa May’s child sex abuse inquiry accidentally deleted”

  1. Men Scryfa says:

    Too many people mentioning Leon?

    Sorry I forgot he’s a Lord and a Jew so he must be innocent.

  2. Aldous says:

    Streuth, Theresa May – yet another of the tribe – looks like she fell out of the (f)ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Imagine waking up to that in the morning. Surely, the stuff nightmares are made of?

    But seriously, they cynically and evilly announce this ‘news’ on the very same day the corrupt and irredeemable Met issues a grovelling apology of sorts to paedo Brittansky’s wretched family that they should have been informed much sooner before his death(sic) that he would not be prosecuted. How’s that for a double twist of the Zionist knife in his/its victims’ guts?

    From Russia with Love
    Hayat Boumeddiene ‘appears in Islamic State film’ – 06 Feb 2015

    http://ddees.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/FromRussia.jpg

    The Irony! Islamophobia – Pregnant Muslim woman verbally abused [by a Black woman] on a London bus 4:59

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QqT1Q4_hGc
    (includes comments)

    SATIRE Gallery 1
    http://ddees.com/index.php/2015/09/11/david-dees-art-gallery/

  3. sovereigntea says:

    Once again we appear to see the use of “The dog ate my homework” technique.

    I find it highly unlikely that this is a mere co-incidence factoring in all of the other cases of “lost paedo files”.

    One might imagine that GCHQ and the NSA amongst others would have a keen interest in such depositions of data on a webserver and monitor and record the traffic and data. As of course they have the nation’s best interests at heart the threat to “national security” and “VIPS” being what it is.

    If one were a nosey Parker surely one would be expected to have a keen interest in this topic.

    Any IT professional worth his salt would have conducted a diligence process called “change management” especially given the high profile of this webserver would surely have taken every step to ensure that no data was lost in whatever work took place when changing from one website address to another. Seemingly a relatively minor matter. This as I understand matters would have only involved changing the DNS records to direct the new domain to the same IP address as the existing webserver.

    One would expect by now that a full report including technical data of the fault incident would be in possession of the PTB. That would make a very interesting FOI request.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.