Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
Dental fluorosis is a condition caused by too much fluoride, and it’s on the rise in the United States, despite the US government knowing about it for some time now. Though it can happen to anyone, the condition (which ruins teeth) affects more children than adults, primarily because children’s teeth are still developing and more susceptible to fluorosis.
But did you know that dental fluorosis is also a biomarker for coronary heart disease?
When Will the Fluoride Poisoning Stop?
Per the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in 2010: “Prevalence of dental fluorosis was higher among younger persons and ranged from 41% among adolescents aged 12-15 to 9% among adults aged 40-49.” That rate of 41% in adolescents aged 12-15 increased from 22.6% back in 1986-87 (almost double).
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services planned in 2010 to lower the amount of fluoride allowed in water, though so far there has been no change to the amounts of fluoride added.
Today, the CDC still promotes fluoridation to water as well fluoride dental products.
Fluoride and Heart Disease
In 2013, a study in Ireland was prompted over concern with that fluorosis might be linked with cardiovascular disease. Cardiovascular disease is the most common cause of death in Ireland.
The study found that the concern was indeed justified: “Dental Fluorosis is a biomarker for coronary heart disease (CHD). Professor Takamori’s research team observed that children with dental fluorosis have a higher incidence of heart damage and an increase in abnormal heart rhythm than those without fluorosis.”
In lieu of the evidence, will the government of Ireland stop their policy of mandatory fluoridation of the population of Ireland?
And regarding the US?
Well, in summary:
In 2010, the US government knew people were ingesting dangerous levels of fluoride, knowing causing florosis in 40% of children (among other things) and now potentially contributing to the increasing incidence of cardiovascular disease in the United States. Regulators said the amount of fluoride in drinking water should be lowered. However…
- 2011: There was no change to fluoride levels allowed in drinking water
- 2012: There was no change to fluoride levels allowed in drinking water
- 2013: There was no change to fluoride levels allowed in drinking water
- 2014: We are still waiting…
Meanwhile, US dentists still promote the use of fluoride treatments, fluoride toothpaste, and fluoride mouthwash, despite the evidence that it is linked to heart disease, and other illnesses.
For more information, please see: Fluoridated Water Can Calcify Arteries, Study Finds or visit Wake Up World’s fluoride research page.
Previous articles by Dr. Michelle Kmiec:
- Food Dyes and Additives Found to be Unsafe – Linked to ADHD & Cancer
- Macadamia Oil for Healthy Skin and Body
- Studies Prove Sweet Potatoes Heal Stomach Ulcers
- The Truth About Insomnia, Depression and Anxiety
- Are There Natural Cures for ALS?
- Natural Cure for Depression Silenced?
- The Link Between Stress and Intestinal Parasites – and What to Do About Them
- Arthritis Cure Found in Nature
- The Sun & Skin Cancer: Examining the Truths, Pseudo-Truths & Lies of Mainstream Science
- “Blame It On Your Genes”: the Money-Making Myth of Modern Medicine
- A Natural Cure for Migraines
- Natural Cure for Chronic Pain Syndromes Silenced by the Medical Establishment
About the author:
Dr. Michelle Kmiec is a chiropractic physician who also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology, and a minor in Medical Research. She is a life-long athlete who after curing herself 100% naturally from MS and anxiety, became an avid nutrition and health researcher/promoter. She has been featured in many health magazines and has been a guest on radio talk shows in the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia. She is also the author of “Healthcare Freedom Revolution: Exposing the Lies, Deceit and Greed of the Medical Profession“, founder of Online Holistic Health, and a contributing writer for other informative health websites.