The BRICS “Independent Internet” Cable. In Defiance of the “US-Centric Internet”
The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff announces publicly the creation of a world internet system INDEPENDENT from US and Britain ( the “US-centric internet”).
Not many understand that, while the immediate trigger for the decision (coupled with the cancellation of a summit with the US president) was the revelations on NSA spying, the reason why Rousseff can take such a historic step is that the alternative infrastructure: The BRICS cable fromVladivostock, Russia to Shantou, China to Chennai, India to Cape Town, South Africa to Fortaleza, Brazil, is being built and it’s, actually, in its final phase of implementation.
No amount of provocation and attempted “Springs” destabilizations and Color Revolution in the Middle East, Russia or Brazil can stop this process. The huge submerged part of the BRICS plan is not yet known by the broader public.
Nonetheless it is very real and extremely effective. So real that international investors are now jumping with both feet on this unprecedented real economy opportunity. The change… has already happened.
Brazil plans to divorce itself from the U.S.-centric Internet over Washington’s widespread online spying, a move that many experts fear will be a potentially dangerous first step toward politically fracturing a global network built with minimal interference by governments.
President Dilma Rousseff has ordered a series of measures aimed at greater Brazilian online independence and security following revelations that the U.S. National Security Agency intercepted her communications, hacked into the state-owned Petrobras oil company’s network and spied on Brazilians who entrusted their personal data to U.S. tech companies such as Facebook and Google.
BRICS Cable… a 34 000 km, 2 fibre pair, 12.8 Tbit/s capacity, fibre optic cable system
- For any global investor, there is no crisis – there is plenty of growth. It’s just not in the old world
- BRICS is ~45% of the world’s population and ~25% of the world’s GDP
- BRICS together create an economy the size of Italy every year… that’s the 8th largest economy in the world
- The BRICS presents profound opportunities in global geopolitics and commerce
- Links Russia, China, India, South Africa, Brazil – the BRICS economies – and the United States.
- Interconnect with regional and other continental cable systems in Asia, Africa and South America for improved global coverage
- Immediate access to 21 African countries and give those African countries access to the BRICS economies.
- Projected ready for service date is mid to second half of 2015.
the-brics-independent- internet-in-defiance-of-the- us-centric-internet/5350272? utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss& utm_campaign=the-brics- independent-internet-in- defiance-of-the-us-centric- internet
The Tap Blog is a collective of like-minded researchers and writers who’ve joined forces to distribute information and voice opinions avoided by the world’s media.