I don’t think you need washing powder either. The fact the the washing machine manufacturers recommend certain washing powders suggests that it’s the machine that needs cleaning with powders, not the clothes. I have tried washing with just water or magnets, and clothes come out fine. Especially if dried outside. But the machine needs cleaning after a while. Next project is to try using sodium carbonate as a clothes washer.
A salt bath with a few drops of essence, such as lavender is far nicer than those commercial bubble bath poisons.
Buy the base ingredients and make your own. Cheaper too.
“The Cosmetics Industry Has Borrowed a Page from the Playbook of the
Tobacco Industry by Putting Profits Ahead of Public Health”
“Does my Shampoo or Conditioner Contain Any of These
5 Potentially Toxic Ingredients?”
- Irritation of skin and eyes
- Organ toxicity
- Development / reproductive toxicity
- Neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, ecotoxicological, and biochemical or cellular changes
- Possible mutations and cancer
- Would you add it to your grocery basket on a week to week basis?
- Would you feed it to your children?
Toxins in Your Shampoo and Conditioner May Be
More Toxic Than Those in Your Food
A Hot Shower Opens Up Pores in Your Skin
and May Make it Easier for Toxins To Enter Your Body
TAP See also –