You missed out the part about dentists being another source of enamel damage-probably wisely-.But I hope people read the book .It has bothered me for years that dentists tell me I am losing enamel because I brush too hard and then tug and scrape and grind
Tap, this bit is also interesting.
- Removal of fluoride from drinking water, toothpastes and gels saves the enzyme adenosine diphosphatase so it can deliver phosphate to calcium at the tooth surface, resulting in a beautiful enamel.
- If fluoridation were effective in preventing cavities, Native Americans would have the least cavities. They have had forced fluoridation for approximately 60 years.
- Fluoride in water at one part per million (ppm) increased tooth cavities in four large, reliable studies (7%, 22%, 45% and 10%—averaging 21%). The reason is that adenosine diphosphatase is destroyed by fluoride and calcium fluoride, which slips into the enamel, is alien to the tooth composite and makes the enamel weak, brittle and discolored.
- Methyl mercury formed from amalgams is deadly. It causes brain disease. Fillings made of quartzite and epoxy are a safe substitute.
- Fluoride is the smallest negative particle on Earth. Since the fluoride particles are so small and so intensely negative, they connect with the hydrogen enzyme molecules at very low concentrations—around 1-3 ppm. The mechanism for destruction of enzymes by fluoride has been proven by x-ray analysis. Hydrogen bonds have been shown to be broken by fluoride.
- Avoiding fluoride prevents more than 114 ailments listed with references in Dr. Judd’s book. These 114 medical side-effects range from cancer to headaches, which are caused by levels as small as one ppm of fluoride in the water.
- Fluoride harms the economy by requiring people to purchase sources other than fluorinated water. It also harms the economy by making people dependent upon undependable professionals that know nothing about its effects. Lack of knowledge about fluoride’s detrimental effects is worldwide.
- The lethal dosage of the fluoride compound (fluoroacetic acid) for a 110 pound person is 2.5 mg, compared with 400 mg for arsenic oxide. Toothpaste companies are now required to place a warning on tubes so children will not consume enough of the 1,000 ppm (.1%) material to make them sick or cause death. This requirement arises out of lawsuits in which children were poisoned by fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- The best available data indicates about 120,000 cancer patients are killed annually because of fluoride in their drinking water. These include patients with every type of cancer. Dentists share some responsibility due to their efforts in convincing city councils to put fluoride in the water for “the children’s teeth.” The unique character of fluoride ions in destroying enzymes deserves attention.