Still Awaiting Our Visa

4 month old Sean was coughing in the Manila heat and pollution so we took him for a visit to the seaside last week.  It’s good that we did.  He picked up a lot and looks very well now.

Our agents tell us they were called by the British Embassy this morning to go and collect a Settlement Visa either today or tomorrow.  There are others on their books in line ahead of us, but it could be ours.  That will be a relief for Tap Blog readers if it is, as I’ll stop blogging about all the corruption and evil goings-on that we have found out about here.

Otherwise, we are expecting to hear from Owen Paterson’s secretary, who was promised a call from The Home Office advising on the progress of our March 26th visa application, last week.

My company in the UK did well in April.  I am itching to get back to work there and launch various new marketing initiatives.  I also invested in a manufacturing business in February in the UK, and have been visiting Taiwan meeting component suppliers this month.  Many jobs depend on the success of these projects, more than one hundred.  That means votes, in politician’s language.  Just get us the visa.  OK?

10 Responses to “Still Awaiting Our Visa”

It is so sad that there is no receprocity when it come to visas. My Filipina wife and I have been waiting and waiting for approval. There is suppose to be unlimited visas for citizens spouses. My question is, Why does it take so long….. Signed, sad and waiting for my wife to join me!!

If you want advice about agents to hire, email me. I wasn’t thinking of the corrupt network, which we know about and have spoken to previous users, but prefer to avoid. There are above board agents, who are expensive but fight a legal and honest battle as hard as they can, on your behalf. Otherwise all the best.

Hi Tap, If your business is doing well then you must be doing something right.
    It may be this blog that keeps you on your toes.
    My advice to you is, whatever you are doing, do more of it, don’t think about it, do it.

4. Zheng Yong says:

Hi Tap,

May I know why you named your second child, if I am correct, Sean?

Why not, Henry junior?

Thank You.

Hi Tap,

We are lucky to have a country park near us (even though we do live close to the city). We try to take our 10 month old daughter for as many nice long walks there as much as possible.

She becomes noticably happier when not subject to chemtrails, smog, car fumes, and getting plenty sunlight (Vitamin D). The ‘white noise’ of the water or of distant hustle and bustle in keeping the little monsters happy too! I’m assuming you’ll be taking the little one on more visits to the seaside for fresher, cleaner air?

Hope when you get your visa (not going to say ‘if’) you’ve got plenty of the same clean air nearby when finally settling down.

We are delighted you are close to or have already obtained your visa,we always think about the many thousands of couples still in the position of not knowing when their visa will arrive.My wife and I know only to well what waiting for a spouse visa is like.The important point I would make is that you continue with the theme as though you are still unaware when your visa will arrive in order to maintain the integrity of your blog appertaining to this particular subject and avoid being labeled selfish.You have struck a cord with many people on the subject and to stop highlighting the difficulties that people are still experiencing would be a shame

The Potteries

Zheng, in my world, mothers do the most to make the baby. If they love a particular name, I am happy to accept it.

A family repeated name can be a trap. Every one is an individual. If they buy into the family that’s great. If they want a more separate identity, that’s great too.

Potteries – the story will continue. Residence is hard to get, and we will no doubt find more troubles ahead. I write what interests me so the blog is selfish. That said, many others either read, comment or send in stuff, so it must be of interest to others too. It’s selfishness with a purpose. I’ve been on about visas a lot out of necessity. It would be a luxury to deal with the subject of immigration out of detached interest..

Not ours sadly. Joy for the couple who were released. Our turn soon.

Don’t forget the CFO