Live To See 100. Make Your Own Toothpaste.

San Gurung writes –

i used to use everything frm colgate to crest,then for obvious reason i switched to euthymol toothpast,i stopped using that too due to the fact that tho being flouride free they use that strange artificial color,which i dont like and its partly owned and distributed by johnson and johnson…..then i started using boots non-flouride toothpaste which wasnt bad but it still had that foaming agent sodium laureth sulphate which is used in all toothpaste and now know to be carcinogenic……so last nite i finally got round to making my own,after being lazy and never got round to it though i had been wanting to,for the last 1 year…..and it took me just under 5 mins to make it!!! i brushed with it last nite and again this morning , my mouth felt so fresh and cleansed,like every teeth,cavaties and gums were detoxed….if u need the recipe and brand of ingredients i used here it is……
It only needs 4 ingredients….. 🙂

1) Baking soda ( any good quality will do but i used dr oetker)
2) clove oil/peppermint oil (bells clove oil £2 for 10 ml, and bells peppermint oil £1.90 for 10 ml)…..
3)hydrogen peroxide ( bells brand cost £1.10 for 200ml)

mix abt 100 grms of baking soda, with 2 drops of clove oil and 1 drop of peppermint oil, then add hydrogen peroxide and make it into a paste.desired consistency u prefer…..i didnt measure anything,but when u make it u will just know…..u can just used 1 type of oil but i like both clove and peppermint…..
dont wait, try it guys…..u will, like me think wy the hell didnt i do this before ….lol

·  ·  · 11 hours ago

TAP – Hydrogen Peroxide?  don’t like the sound of that.  A friend of mine aged 94, a WW2 veteran, who still flies around the world every year, had an abscess on a tooth fifty years ago.  The dentist told him to brush with salt until cleared up.  He did so and then just kept brushing with salt the rest of his life.  Might I recommend sea salt now as sprinkling salt today is fluoridated.  He is by far the most healthy specimen of 94 I have ever met.  He still goes on camel riding holidays in the Australian outback!

• 6 people like this.
    • San Gurung forgot…..store in a plastic tub, shld last abt 15 days….when finish makes another batch like i said takes under 5 mins ….actually abt 3 mins……..

11 hours ago ·
    • Tina Enlightened Allain store in glass…plastic has chems in it…sounds good

10 hours ago ·  ·  1
    • Tina Enlightened Allain Make sure baking soda is pure no aluminum…

10 hours ago ·
    • San Gurung thanks ya glass….i just remember now….will be transferring bak to glass…..usually pure baking sodas are usually without anything added into it here…just check the label

10 hours ago ·
    • Samantha Mansi Try aloe toothpaste fluoride free I use that

9 hours ago via mobile ·
    • San Gurung what brand???flouride free still has sodium laureth sulphate???….im sticking to my homemade now, like i said its cheaper and takes 3 mins to make the mixture,just 3 ingredients!!!…..gosh think abt how much time people spend time in facebook?lol…..i m sure they can spare 3 mins….

9 hours ago ·
    • Samantha Mansi Oh ok

9 hours ago via mobile ·  ·  1
    • David Leigh As Tina mentions, you should use food grade hyd peroxide only. Although the brown bottle does not list it, they use aluminum as a buffer. Soft metal as bad or just as bad as fluoride. Food grade sold in higher concentration and must be diluted at least 10:1 w distilled water. Caution when handling. (gloves and eye protection).

6 hours ago via mobile ·
    • Lisa Marisa Great, thanks for sharing, will give it a go….

2 hours ago ·

7 Responses to “Live To See 100. Make Your Own Toothpaste.”

Hi Tap,

Funny that your comment about rubbing salt on teeth.

My mother died many years ago of a heart attack so nothing to do with the article.

But she was a Welsh woman who cleaned her teeth every day by rubbing salt on them. She actually had her own teeth until she died at 72 years old.

I never thought about it until reading your comment but I do remember not doing it myself because my mouth seemed to sting for ages and it was uncomfortable.

Just a thought, thanks

John

2. Wish13 says:

Hi Tap,

Hydrogen Peroxide:

Water is ‘H2O’ (Hydrogen x 2 molecules and Oxygen x 1 molecule)

Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is the water combination above, plus an additional Oxygen molecule: H2O2 = H2O + O.

In it’s purest form is quite caustic, yet is found naturally occurring in the atmosphere, rainwater, our bodies, and plants etc. but in small percentages.

When the additional Oxygen molecule breaks free, it’s extremely effective against bacteria. It’s quite a fascinating subject in itself, and the substance has multiple uses around the home too!

Sorry, I’m not a chemist or scientist, so I’ll give a better reference below for anyone interested.

I use it on my plants athe vegetable I grow (as the extra Oxygen is absorbed by the roots, what is left is water! H2O – O), which if required by the plant is also used.

You should always use food grade Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) and no more than 3% strength and diluted with distilled water preferrably. 3% from most chemists is already adulterated with ‘preservative’.

For more info on H2O2:

A good place to purchase (and for a good cause):

Ultimately, we are all responsible for our own health and well being, so make of this what you will – That’s what freewill is all about!

By the way, we only buy sea salt, and have often used it as mouth wash or for applying diluted to infections! Essentially, it is what food in brine is … in salt water … which combats the growth of bacteria.

John, maybe you should have persevered!

Wish, very interesting.

4. Julia says:

I guess sea water might be good for teeth brushing then? And a saltwater bath is very relaxing. I use cold or warm saltwater for healing cuts. If we are by the sea, just go in the sea! My dentist says the brushing is more important than the toothpaste. There also seems to be a move back towards floss and toothpicks, cleaning between the teeth. Have you noticed how expensive toothbrushes and toothpastes are? Maybe fluoride actually accelerates decay? I sometimes even wonder if sugar is not actually the cause of decay as we are told, but something else within the sugary foods. Sugar has a really bad name for itself, but it is only a plant, and I think it may have some good properties if you don’t overdo it. I always think it is good for settling the stomach for example.

Refined sugar is called empty calories – nil food value. Try using muscovado. It’s not so sweet and is not so refined. Sugar turns to fat, as does alcohol.

They sell fat free filled with sugar. The sugar is far worse than the fats it replaces. Butter, milk are full of vitamins. Calves live on nothing else.

Equal parts baking soda and coconut oil! Add essential oils if u like a a couPle drops of Stevia. Recently diagnosed with perioral dermatitis, severe in my case as was untreated for 4 years. Was misdiagnosed by another dermatologist – she said I had Rosacea. So bAsically new dermatologist said its caused by sensitivity to preservatives found in lotions, soaps, toners , cleansers, lip balm, makeup shampoo… After research, I see I can’t use anything with sodium laureth sulfate, parabens, petroleum byproducts animal by products, fluoride, on and on. Having lived with and still living with a bright red face with what looks like acne as well is horrible I’m going all natural for everything!

Garlic is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti- yeast and anti-social. raw crushed and left for ten minutes is most powerful formulation.