The issue with Blair is not how many people have been, and will be killed and maimed in Iraq or Afghanistan, but something even more fundamental, something he still seems barely aware of, the issue of Trust
COMMENTS FROM Politicalbetting today –
- 13 – “If any question why we died
Tell them, because our fathers lied.”
by antifrank September 1st, 2010 at 06:38
- 12 Well said sir.
by Patrick September 1st, 2010 at 06:40
- …I also think antifrank is spot on with his assessment that what Blair wanted more than anything from politics was adulation. I do hope that all his money is only meagre consolation for the knowledge that his place in British political history will be something of a cautionary tale…
by Patrick September 1st, 2010 at 06:48
- 12 – I don’t seem to remember the govt of Archer and Aitken enjoying high levels of trust.
by tim September 1st, 2010 at 06:54
- 17 ..tim,ash et al..and all Blair apologists..The man stood at the Despatch box and lied.He lied to you, he lied to me, he lied to the H.o.C. He lied to the country and the entire world.He knew he was lying, so did the entire cabinet…He is a liar.Nothing can remove that stain…..The problem is…we all believed him..
by richard dodd September 1st, 2010 at 07:00
- 17. I don’t remember those Prime Ministers. If you mean John Major, he is still trusted to a large extent. You never have 100% trust in anyone. But in Blair, you have absolutely none.