The US and Gulf-backed terrorist factions in Syria still appear to be pursuing a ‘false flag’ solution to reverse their failing fortunes in Syria.
The United States, along with its European NATO partners UK and France, have long telegraphed their position on multiple occasions – that they will attack Syria if chemical weapons are reported to have been used by ‘the regime’.
Back in April, the US followed through on this threat launching 59 tomahawk cruise missiles into Syria after a series of YouTube videos were released online produced by the notorious US/UK-financed ‘search and rescue NGO’ known as the White Helmets, allegedly depicting a “sarin gas attack” in the town of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province. If was later revealed the US had no actual intelligence which indicated the Syrian government launched a chemical attack in Idlib. In essence, the western narrative was a fabrication.
After a number of unsuccessful tries, the US and its allies nearly secured a chemical weapons’ pretext for intervention in August 2013 in East Ghouta, but evidence later revealed that western reports were littered with disinformation and that this was in fact an elaborate hoax perpetrated by US-back ‘rebels’ and feverishly promoted by western media outlets. The Ghouta hoax was also exposed by award-winning investigative journalist Seymour Hersh in 2014. In addition, Carla Del Ponte, a member of the UN Independent Commission of Inquiry on Syria, also stated on record that it was the US and Gulf-backed rebels who are likely to have used sarin gas in Syria.
Other possible ‘chemical’ false flags have been called out by Russia and the Syrian government, which may have preempted such moves by western and Gulf-backed ‘rebel’ terrorist groups intent on pulling US-led forces deeper into the conflict and to help terrorist militants facilitate regime change in Damascus. So far, that tactic has not been successful.
In June, Russian Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova also named two possible ‘chemical attack’ locations in northwest Idlib Governorate in Saraqib and Ariha. “Indeed, there is new intel. We believe that this staging, this provocation is being prepared,” said Zakharova at the time.
It seems a similar plot has been uncovered this week. Yesterday, Al Masdar News reports:
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said that the armed group Shabab al-Sunnah (Youth of Sunna Forces) is preparing to launch a chemical attack in the southern Daraa province of Syria, and to then place the blame on government forces, when speaking from Moscow, Thursday.
Zakharova stated that “a few rockets with chemical poisoning substances” are stored in the group’s weapons warehouse in the town of Busra al-Sham, in the Daraa district.
“The militia plan to use it on one of the settlements in the Daraa province and then to accuse government forces of chemical attacks against civilians,” she said.
Here is the official statement uploaded to Ruptly TV: