Okinawa Governor Says No to US Base Relocation, Citing Ecological Concerns

By on 14th September 2015

 

 

‘The governor of the southernmost Japanese prefecture of Okinawa will revoke his predecessor’s approval to relocate a controversial US military base from the region, local media reported Monday.

Abe’s chief cabinet secretary, Yoshihide Suga announced last month that the relocation of the Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Futenma would be postponed to September.

The publication said Tokyo resumed relocation work at Futenma on Saturday.

Onaga’s announcement yields to a three-week procedure, including consultations with the Okinawa Defense Bureau. A formal announcement is expected in mid-October.’

Read more: Okinawa Governor Says No to US Base Relocation, Citing Ecological Concerns

 

Gordon says: Brace yourself for a hit by way of a tsunami.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.