Justfab shoes are not fab at all. Thieves basically.

Big row going on here.  My wife bought a pair of shoes in May 2013 from Justfab online shoe sellers for £17.50.  Since that date they’ve removed £35 a month from our credit card, unnoticed by me, I’m afraid I don’t check it as well as I should!

The amount taken is now £245.

They even took two lots of £35 in October!

They say she joined a VIP club when she bought the shoes, and this entitles her to a pair of shoes for £35 each month.

My wife called them.  The respondent wouldn’t give their name.  They won’t refund the money.  They want her to take seven pairs of shoes.  The call costs 10p a minute.  She’s been on for thirty minutes already.

Nasty people.  Crap shoes.  They have taken on a battle with my wife.  They are now wavering after they’ve been informed this is going onto a blog report.  They’ve offered half.

No, shouts my wife.  She’s an impressive battler and will not back down to criminals.  She’s met hundreds in the Philippines and knows who to deal with low life scum.  It’s a great conversation, hearing the little worms trying to hang on to the money and then they concede a little more, as she screams down the phone,’I want all my money – now’ about every five minutes.

A most impressive performance.  They’re used to British people no doubt being all reasonable, and giving up when it’s so hard to get your money back.  Not Shane!  Phew the heat of her anger is scorching the phone.

They’re now saying they’ll do a full refund after thirty minutes of being told how grim they are.  Except we have to call another number to get it.  No doubt that number won’t even reply or will hold us for an hour.  Let’s see.

Oh they’re only paying half.  She’ll be on again tomorrow until she gets the lot.  They’ve picked the wrong opponent I’m afraid.  Now they’re saying,’they’re sorry’.  If they aren’t sorry yet, they will be.  I can assure you.  My wife’s sense of injustice is well-honed by years of previous experience.

If you think we’re the only ones, take a look at the comments on their Facebook page.  ‘Do Not Buy From This Site’ is advised by former clients.  Blog comments below ask who owns this organisation.   This is a worldwide scam involving millions of people.  People are told their membership is cancelled on the phone, and the money’s just clocked off their credit cards again the next month.

The stench is terrible.  Bank suggests we block the credit card.  They’ve obviously come across these players before.

9 Responses to “Justfab shoes are not fab at all. Thieves basically.”

Your wife is not alone. Plenty of folks here angry about the Justfab scam:

Justfab are part of whats called the “new jewish scam “
    The TV programme caled Ripper St
    last night had a good demonstration of the old jewish scam.
    This was when a jew would come several times and but something and pay on the nail, then they put ina big order and you think, well they always pay, so what the hell, and this is the scam.
    The old saying a jew will pay every bill except the last one, is not without foundation.
    If you look at cheap sales they are in 9 cases out of 10
    what jews have scammed out of companies by this method

Maybe it’s better to avoid online shopping as much as possible, and support local shops. The health food shop in my town was obliged to close down last year, because of loss of business, which was probably caused, at least in part, by people shopping online. I now find myself in the position of being obliged to buy products online, which I would have greatly preferred to continue purchasing directly from the charming and very well-informed lady who ran the shop.

There are other considerations which arise in this context. Keeping money in the bank, other than the barest minimum required to cover regular monthly outgoings, is a very risky business nowadays. There are great numbers of hackers, ranging from teenagers in their bedrooms to major league criminals, who are doing their best, around the clock, every day of the week, to find ways either to extract people’s money from their accounts or to cause banks’ computers to crash.

Most people who use the services of a bank regard themselves as customers of their bank. The banks, however, classify us as unsecured creditors. This means that, although the banks are legally obliged to let us have our money back whenever we request it, this only applies on condition that (a) they don’t blow it all on reckless investments, and (b) in the event of a collapse (which many are speculating could happen in the rather near future), there is some money left over, after all the secured creditors have retrieved their cash.

So the message is, keep it local, and pay in cash.

If one does withdraw one’s reserves of cash (however great or small a sum that may be) as a precautionary measure, care must be exercised in choosing a suitable location in which to store it. I read a story, a while back, of a man who kept £30,000 (or it may have been $30,000 – I don’t recall which it was) in a plastic wrapper, in his garage. Unfortunately, the rats found it, and ate it all. My millions, together with an impressive collection of gold bars, are buried in the garden, but don’t tell anyone!

OLD JEWISH TRICK
    I lived in east london just after the war and how well i remember the old jewish trick, my first husband was robbed several times by this method.
    we used to thank god for the Blackshirts who protected us from rampaging jews, those were very dark days as i remember back.

Maybe if your wife had read the terms and conditions, you both wouldn’t be dealing with this. Take accountability. It says directly on their website as well as during the checkout process that you are signing up for a club and agreeing to pay $39.95 a month (equal to a pair of shoes). If you don’t either a) buy a pair or b) log into your account and elect to “skip this month” then you will be charged the $39.95 anyway – but it stays on your account as a shoe credit. So before reaming them up and down, learn to read.

6. Rae Gilhoolie says:

My name is Rae Gilhoolie l was on your site justfab.u.k.. l purchased 1 pair of sandals on june they were £35.00 but they said they were half price £17.50 got my sandals & was happy until l noticed they took the full amount & have been taking £35.00 in July & August & are still taking money they have not contacted me to tell me why they,re taking the money or if l want to purchase more shoes could you please contact me a.s.a.p please 0141-946-9329 / 07729397641 / email -rae6@hotmail.co.uk