New invention ‘harvests’ electricity from background radiation and could be used to beam power to remote locations or recharge phones wirelessly
- Device captures microwaves and converts them into electricity
- Future versions could harvest satellite, sound or Wi-Fi signals
- Technology could be used to recharge phones without cables or beam electricity to mountaintops
Electronic devices could be recharged wirelessly or electricity sent to remote areas without power cables.
- Eureka Alert – Press Release
- A microwave metamaterial with integrated power harvesting functionality