How they control traffic looking for blogs

I tried to go direct to my blog just now using www.the-tap.blogspot.com

Each time it went to blogspot.com and would not go to The Tap.
Is that how they are stopping this blog reaching new readers?
The growth rate is impressive, but always seems a little controlled.  The numbers seem to work to set patterns, which don’t change much from day to day.   If one story has 80 readers after two hours so do three others .  It’s as if they march the numbers in groups.
I suppose I’ve never used the URL to come into the blog before on my own computer.
Have any readers found the same thing as I did?

Is that how they isolate us?

They could use the same technique with particular stories, sending traffic away unsatisfied.
I put the print-out facility on the blog a while back so that would enable people to circulate stories offline.  I wonder, are people using the print-out from time to time?

Ian Crane at 4.30 to 5.30 explains how Google use algorithms to lead people back to orthodox thinking, and away from ‘conspiracy’.

11 Responses to “How they control traffic looking for blogs”

I don’t know what’s wrong at your end but trying the-tap.blogspot.co.uk & the-tap.blogspot.com both bring me to the same page.

Yup, NCR and various country-specific ones work fine here also, with and without the “www”.

That’s reassuring. Thanks.

Depends on your ISP…

Certain ones (if not all) are bowing down to government pressure. Let’s leave it at that with regards to this blog.

@ Tap,

You can see the IP’s. Besides the people hiding behind VPN’s, what’s the majority of IP’s you can see that post? What service are they using?

There’s a follow-on to this question… just wanted to hear your opinion first, Tap: 🙂

5. Road_Hog says:

Listen from 4:30 to about 5:30 and listen what he has to say about Google, it’s only one minute.

6. Woodsy42 says:

I’m having all sorts of Internet problems this last week. In particular Google searches and blogger have been failing or locking up, sometimes with an error message, sometimes just nothing.
    I don’t think it’s anything personal, it’s quite random, I just think the entire system has been unwell.
    Or maybe something is going on, like they are testing the packet snoopers?

7. Anon says:

They have their methods.

– Aangirfan

Virgin Media is letting me connect without problems, I made the first comment earlier, just thought I’d confirm it’s not all ISP’s that are filtering or blocking just yet. Probably only a matter of time though.

does it not stand to reason that if one story is popular the others on the front page will also appear ‘viewed’ as they are nested on the same page?
    When I am in DK i am automatically directed to http://the-tap.blogspot.dk which is exactly the same as the .co.uk, .com etc….

The argument for ‘hiding’ [translation: protecting one’s privacy] behind a VPN gets stronger every day when posting on sites like this.

Government sociopathic paranoia is rotting our right to freedom of speech on a daily basis.

Let’s not forget blogs = Google = NSA.