Can anyone help?

Our son Sean aged 7 months has diarrhea.  That’s been accompanied with blood and a temp of 38.3 C. We spent last night in a local hospital who took eight hours to tell us there was no treatment possible, and tonight we’re back at square one with same temp and similar symptoms.  We have Diarylite sachets, which he is taking.  His condition looks no worse, but is no better, but the anxiety is too much for Mum to bear.  She’s talking of heading back to the Philippines next week, where you get a lot more support for this kind of thing.  I suppose the next stop is intravenous drip, but the NHS don’t seem too interested in actually treating him.  In the Philippines, if you have money, they treat you.  I can understand her desire to give up on the UK.

Is there anything else we can do?

LATER – In fact the hospital did treat him with an enormous dose of Calpol.  This seems to have made him get hyperactive as the dosing was continued every four hours after we left, and choking.  Having a temperature is not a problem.  It’s part of how your body cures.

The blood’s gone now, and the fear of the mother is considerably lessened.  She was shaking for hours.

The hospital sent a sample to the lab, but as we are not yet registered with a GP, we are not allowed to know the results.  Actually that’s not quite true.  I called the lab myself and asked for them.  The assistant told me over the phone that there was no culture visible, after enquiring which Medical Practice I came from.  I provided him with a rule-compliant reply.  My home has indeed become a medical practice in the absence of any help from the NHS.  We got more ideas from this blog post and the following comments, and from friends and colleagues than anywhere else.

18 Responses to “Can anyone help?”

1. wasp says:

Hi Tap, sorry to hear about your lad, there used to be a product called Collis Brown’s Chloradine,which they renamed Mixture, which was very good at sorting out a variety of problems, we used to give it to our kids I believe you can still get it from Pharmacist suitably diluted you can give it to juniors, but for babies you will have to check with doctor.
    but very dilute would be better than nothing.
    Here is a net link:- http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/digestive-health/medicines/j-collis-brownes-mixture.html

REGARDS ……. WASP

Tap
    There’s another mixture that we used to use for baby’s and that was ‘Kaline and Morphine’. We used to get it mixed at the chemist and was specifically for stomach troubles.
    Just as a follow up note we also used to use it on baby lambs. Many times during lambing the sheep had 3 lambs. But they will only rear 2, so one had to die. So what we used to do was wait a little and watch to see which two the mother would feed. We had to make a then to take the 3rd away and feed it on goats milk by bottle. At this point they got stomach troubles due to going onto a foreign food. So we would give them K&M.
    Kids get problems, don’t panic their tough and work through it he’ll be ok.
    John

Hi Tap, When I need a quick fix I use Diocalm tablets, lasts for two hours or more.
    You must do what you have to do, try a crushed fraction of one with milk. Tastes like calcium with fibre.
    Everyone is different and reacts different.
    Give plenty of liquid to replace the fluids got rid of.
    Hospitals are overated as you have found. Good luck.

Some harmless quick options for you TAP

Green teas, Garlic &/or Coloidal silver can help if its something he’s picked up

Avoid the hospital its a den of germs

& flying home in a public ridden container plain/canister with recycled air could make things worse?

I’m sure he’s tougher than you think.

HETT

PS Dial 999 get ambulance support & “logged” he’s a child in distress.

PPS Red cap milk makes me sweat???? WTF whats in it?

Also to replace lost electrolytes there is St Mark’s Solution:

1 litre water
    20g glucose (you can buy glucose powder at the chemists. You can use sugar but glucose is better.)
    3g salt
    2g sodium bicarbonate

Recommend adding some squash to flavour it, as it’s rather foul otherwise.

It is cheaper than a packet of Dioralyte sachets and in my experience is as effective, if not more so. It also doesn’t contain saccharin, and can be easily made up at home.

500g of glucose powder costs about £1.50 – £2.

6. Paul says:

Hi Tap, sorry to hear your son is poorly, as a father of 3 I can feel your pain, especially when you feel helpless.

Did a quick search and found this website which if full of natural remidies, hope this helps:-

One thing I also did with mine was give them a little honey when they were ill, natural organic stuff, but I suppose and real honey will do, it has natural antibacterial properties and is full of energy, which the liittle lad will have lost, plus been sweet they will lick it, along with some fluids, I used to cover the teat of a bottle and they got fluids inside them whilst licking off the honey, replace the honey a few times as they drink the fluids.

Thank you all so much for your advice and trouble in replying. I am moved to tears. Mum is much better this morning as she’s getting the hang of working out our own answers and not trusting corrupted health systems. Another email came in offering to bring us fresh goat’s milk to our house. I didn’t know that people were so kind. I thought the world of help-your-neighbour was over. It isn’t. Shane is crying too. The beasts at the NHS don’t rule our world. All they want to do is inject toxic substances into innocent lives and cripple babies. One of our friends just had the MMR. Their daughter is ‘not the same”.

Be careful giving Honey to babies under 12 months, honey can contain spores of a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum, which can germinate in a baby’s immature digestive system and cause infant botulism, a rare but potentially fatal illness.

9. Woodsy42 says:

It’s scary when young children are so obviously ill, you have my sympathy. Did the hospital not say what the problem was?
    In my experience NHS direct have been helpful – indeed probably lifesaving on one occassion when they diagnosed the onset of a potentially fatal condition over the phone.
    I hope you get him setlled and recovered soon and find it all looks worse than it is. Lots of drinks is an obvious must do.

Thanks, Woodsy. She’s got the dehydration thing now and was making him drink water and dioralyte through the night. He’s picked up. My condition means I’m a zombie at night but even in my stupor I can tell what she’s doing. The hospital did zilch for eight long hours while eight separate highly paid operatives interviewed and probed asking endless questions. The ward is locked. The windows are barred to prevent exit. It’s more like a jail than a place of healing, where parents are perceived as incompetents at best or criminals at worst, where kids are crippled, sterilised or murdered with ‘immunisation’ adding to Bill Gates’ list of victims.

In my experience of the NHS over years of heart and other troubles, they offered no help at all. I found my cures from private doctors abroad and in the uk where they operate outside the NHS. The experience with our baby was exactly the same. Their main concern is to shorten life and injure while acting out a false role of pretending to care and to save life.

Their disappointment at seeing healthy people they haven’t managed to injure yet with immunisation or other inappropriate intervention, is obvious once you realise what their game is. The doctors are all ‘entertained’ with holidays and other perks the more people they manage to injure. Cures are not permitted under any circumstances.

12. Paul says:

Didnt know about that with honey, having used it on all 3 of my kids at one point or another I can say with them been 12, 10 and 7 now it didnt happen to them so I didnt know about it, but I guess the stuff I used mustnt of had that nasty stuff in it. Glad to hear he is getting better and I totally agree, my daughter has apparently developed a gluten intollorance, and after telling the docotr I would cut out glutne stuff and get her on an organic diet the doctor asked why organics and thought I needednt go to that expense, after explaining how root vegetables absorb the poisons pumped on them and all the GMO studies creating problems in GMO fed animals, destroying their guts I think she finally got the point, leaaving the doctor suggesting she do some real research rather than take what she is told at face value was rather refreshing hehe.

Try the site earthclinic I have found it very helpfull over the years

14. the doctor says:

Tap , Take your child to the nearest specialist childrens hospital and do not leave until he has had treatment .If you are not satisfied then insist on making an immediate formal complaint and to see the senior nursing officer on duty . Things will then happen .

I can understand the pain and helplessness, Tap.

My 12 month old daughter has had earache for the last 7 days. After 7 days of sleepless nights we finally figured out what was wrong with her… dried up puss in her ear… which unfortunately is heredity on my side of the family.

Thing is, babies can’t tell you what’s wrong with them and therein lies the guessing game (and the frustration).

My partner is a children’s nurse and I’ve asked her for advice on your problem. Unfortunately, you are going to have to ride this out. Dioralyte is the only thing that can help and as you’ve said it might have to be done by IV… you might have to be pushy about this too as the hospital might be reluctant to do it… depends on hospital. Other than that, keep your lad topped up on fluids – water mainly.

There’s a bit of conjecture on the milk side of things too… dairy products can make the situation worse.

Hope this helps, pal.

16. Anon says:

Tropical Diseases Hospital in London?

hi tap

Please your son to me http://www.camilaryder.com
    i am back in september to the UK.

18. Twig says: