How Constantine Controlled The Editing Of The Bible

Tap, In persuit of the Knowledge I gave your readers  a Quote  by Daniel Borstin  Ther Greatest Obstacle To Discovery Is Not Ignorance. It is The Illusion Of Knowledge”. This should be borne in mind at all times. If they think they are a Free Citizen in a Democratic Country, then their Myopia Astounds me, they believe that because they have been Indoctrinated,take off those Rose Coloured Glasses, using the same Logic those who think that The Bible has all the answers suffer from the same Short sightedness, & have similarly suffered from mind manipulation by Organised Religion, One of THe Most Powerful World Corporations.

So here is an Original Quote from WASP :-

“I Believe, In What I Believe Is Believable, Not In What I Am Told To Believe in”
In Essence that makes me a ‘FREE THINKER’, but also a CHRISTIAN, as I am of the opinion Christianity is a Way of Life, that has nothing to do with any form of Supporting  any Corrupt Religion and  is a Reflection of Attitudes & Behaviour to ones Fellow Beings.

A too dogmatic attitude  as to what is the ultimate truth will lead to divergence from what you are seeking, as I have stated on previous occasions an ITERATIVE approach will give you the best chance of the nearest correct answer.
Although I would classify myself as an Anglican, which is not much different from Catholic, other than the Papacy’s Iinfallibility & Divinity, {He is a Man Appointed By Men} just as a King or Queen are Normal Human Beings Elevated to a Supreme Position by Fellow Humans, which many people tend to forget. As Feynman put it ” The Hats Make Them Different, my outlook is that of an Eclectic.
Religion was a Convenient Vehicle used to control the Masses, when the Clergy Preached ‘Fire & Brimstone Theology’, & put the Fear of God into Everyone, The Treaty of Verona was signed as a condition & consequence of King Johns Reinstatement after Excommunication by Pope Leo, which shaped our world to our detriment, the results of which we are still experiencing.
Whilst The Bible  perhaps offers some reasonable answers, massive corruption has inevitably entered into the real meaning. Many rank and file Christians sincerely believe the Bible is a direct communication from God to man.  And from recent conversations with many sincere Christians I know this is currently true for many believers. Once it is proven to our God-given reason that the Bible is strictly a man-made collection of mythology the mind loses yet another shackle of “revelation” and is soon on its way to full freedom and progress.

World Union of Diests

The Bible was not handed to mankind by God, nor was it dictated to human stenographers by God. It has nothing to do with God. In actuality, the Bible was VOTED to be the word of God by a group of men during the 4th century

According to Professor John Crossan of Biblical Studies at DePaul University the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great (274-337 CE), (a bust of Constantine is pictured below) who was the first Roman Emperor to convert to Christianity, needed a single canon to be agreed upon by the Christian leaders to help him unify the remains of the Roman Empire. Until this time the various Christian leaders could not decide which books would be considered “holy” and thus “the word of God” and which ones would be excluded and not considered the word of God.
Emperor Constantine, who was Roman Emperor from 306 CE until his death in 337 CE, used what motivates many to action –MONEY! He offered the various Church leaders money to agree upon a single canon that would be used by all Christians as the word of God.

The Church leaders gathered together at the Council of Nicaea and voted the “word of God” into existence. (I wish to thank Brian Show for pointing out in his rebuttal to this article that the final version of the Christian Bible was not voted on at the Council of Nicaea, per se. The Church leaders didn’t finish editing the “holy” scriptures until the Council of Trent when the Catholic Church pronounced the Canon closed.

However, it seems the real approving editor of the Bible was not God but Constantine! This fact is revealed in the second counter-rebuttal to Brian Show’s first rebuttal to this article. This counter-rebuttal makes the following important statement and backs it up with

FACTS – Therefore, one can easily argue that the first Christian Bible was commissioned, paid for, inspected and approved by a pagan emperor for church use.” Of course, I’d like to express my deep appreciation to fellow Deist Peter Murphy for the great research work he did in order to write such a great counter-rebuttal!
Emperor Constantine

Constantine ordered and financed 50 parchment copies of the new “holy scriptures.” It seems with the financial element added to the picture, the Church fathers were able to overcome their differences and finally agree which “holy” books would stay and which would go.
Compare the man-made origins of Christianity and its various dogmas to the simplicity of Deism. Deism is belief in God based only on reason and the creation itself. It makes no claim to false “revelations” as all of the “revealed” religions do. To Deists, proof of the Designer is in the design.
REGARDS …………….  WASP

10 Responses to “How Constantine Controlled The Editing Of The Bible”

Good headline, Harry. But lousy video. The answer is NO. The Illuminati were founded centuries after the bible’s text was settled. But Constantine did influence the bible, to ensure it was compatible with managing the Empire, war, slavery etc being the norms. Jesus’ teachings were of peace. That’s why he was threat to the imperial system.

2. Scotty says:

Interesting post WASP.

Give me a couple of days – I’m calling in the BIG GUNS…

Scotty , Wasp ,

In Genesis .. the sons of God lived to 1000 years .

What type of years where they – given that it was the Romans who gave us our lunar calendar , months and years … Or was it ?

Sean

4. wasp says:

Before The Days of ‘The Protocols of The Elder of Zion’ Sean, there was no ‘GIVE THEM ENTERTAINMENT, so The Intellect was a lot Sharper not having been lulled into a Soporific State by Harmonics. There was therefore plenty of time to observe surroundings & attendant phenomena. here is a Link I am sure you can draw your own parallels. Link:- http://therefinersfire.org/calendar_origin.htm

5. Julia says:

I like your take on religion WASP. To me a Christian is a follower of Jesus. And that doesn’t exclude you from following anyone else either. I think a lot of the Bible is designed to get people to follow the wrong thing, and lots of interesting things about Jesus have been left out. That said, there still seems to be a lot of useful stuff left in. There would have to be, otherwise no one would follow it at all.

Sean, I agree with you, how do we know what a year then was? Definitions may have changed, and time itself may have changed too if the relationship between the Sun and the Earth has changed.

Nice Link Wasp – Thanks for the input .. Think I’ll spend a bit more time there…

One thing though … Is that a strange link for a WASP to give ?

Sean

Julia , Sorry I just saw your comment .

The link wasp gave seems to give a Jewish perspective . But basically points to the fact that Men knew what a day was , from Day 1 – they also used the 7 day week – There are references to Noah using 7 days as the period between sending out doves . The argument proceeds that the 12 lunar cycles or 12 month periods were determined as when the stars were in the same position in the sky – thus signifying the start of a new year. The inference being that this was very important to early man – because the importance of deciding when to plant crops . The differences betweeen the lunar and solar years were only 11 or so days , and not so important as to prohibit their use as a calendar for crop growing. I know thats a bad explanation – but the upshot is that the re- buttal is that a year was year was year – even 5000 years ago. Im not aware that the relationship between the sun and the earth would have changed in that time – but hey this is the Tap – everything is up for discussion !

8. wasp says:

With reference to The Late R.P Feynman’s Famous Quote, with slight modification.viz.

Regardless of how well qualified you are or how beautiful your theories might be, or even who you are CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM, JEW, or MEMBER of ANY OTHER RELIGION, If what you say doesn’t agree with nature i.e. Observation, you Are Wrong.

For The Gregorian System to have been adopted it must have satisfied the necessary criteria with respect to Planetary Motions, which have always been observable.

The Lunar Calendar is merely a consequence of the observance of the phenomena.

Nature, Got There First all Man does is Observe & Interpret, Logically the Sages of The Day would have observed & interpreted accordingly.

As I have said my background is High C of E but I would now classify myself as an Eclectic, the link I gave appeared to be the most appropriate, also an Eclectic you should hardly find this surprising, or unusual. I have also studied the Occult & have been a MASON, but that doesn’t make me a SATANIST, does it?

I Still consider myself to be an ANGLICAN BY LABEL, But a CHRISTIAN by INTENT, & A FREE THINKER or DEIST. This gives me the best of All Worlds without The ‘STRAIT JACKETS’ imposed by The Traditionalists.

That is a very good Summary Julia of the Link, as anyone who reads through it will find out.

As you probably have realised I choose never to state the obvious.

REGARDS …….. WASP

9. To be fair to the author of the video he was generalising when he used the term ‘Illuminati’. By that he meant the same occult ‘force’ or group that are at work in the world today and that are often referred to as the ‘Illuminati’.

Constantine did, of course, influence the early Roman church and in some very important ways. The very same church that morphed into what we know as Catholicism today. I’m certainly no apologist for the Vatican. To my understanding it’s as pagan in essence as it was from the beginning. The question is, did Constantine ‘create’ the Bible. Although I may differ to a small degree with Chris White (the video’s author) in that the Latin Vulgate does have some small differences to the Bibles that came out of the Reformation, what Chris White argues is largely correct. The Reformation Bibles were translated directly from the earlier sources. If, as is claimed (which I’ve seen no evidence for), Constantine did ‘edit’ the Bible then in what way did it differ from the earlier source material?