British Navy Sports Ten Captains And One Admiral Per Vessel

John Redwood writes

The Navy is a paragon of virtue compared to the army. Now that there are just 31 warships (destroyers and frigates and submarines), there is a mere one Rear Admiral per ship. Most of the ships are commanded at sea by Commanders or lower ranked officers. Very few Captains go to sea in command of a ship. We do still have 300 captains, however, to sail desks and fire up bureaucracies. That’s almost ten captains per warship. There are just two full Admirals and 7 Vice Admirals.

The Senior service is better equipped with Commodores, in case squadrons need to put to sea. There are 80 of those, or almost three per warship. It still gives a lesson to the army in making do with fewer top ranks.

TAP The navy had 800 warships at the end of WW2. The number of captains hasn’t reduced at the same speed, by the look of it.

My Grandfather commanded one battle in 1942 in the Med where he had 150 ships under his command, many of them merchantmen on their way to Malta or North Africa. He lost 9 warships which was careless, and suffered many casualties. He was knighted and given a KCB by the King, but the battle never made it into the newspapers. Bad for morale. Luckily for him he was sent to command the Western Atlantic after that, where sailors had a longer life expectancy.

And to think, the whole thing was organised by the banking elite for profit and to extend the reach of Communism and break the British Empire, with Churchill’s, Stalin’s, and Roosevelt’s knowledge. Hitler was the mug in the game. Luckily no one lower down the hierarchy knew in those days. Most people still don’t know. I’ve ordered a couple of books on Hitler being lifted from Berlin in 1945 to live out his years in South America. I’ve read a bit of Greg Hallet ‘Hitler Was A British Agent’. It’s all surprisingly convincing. I’m ready for the comments.

14 Responses to “British Navy Sports Ten Captains And One Admiral Per Vessel”

Greg Hallet ‘Hitler Was A British Agent’. Could you do a post on this, or provide a general synopsis of the argument and evidence? Thanks. It can wait until you finish the book!

– Me.

Hi Tap, The obvious answer to having too many Captains is to build more hi-tec fast ships.
    With all the trouble brewing at the moment, this Country will need some protection. The Elite have totally stripped us of attack ships and planes, the more we have the better.

//The Elite have totally stripped us of attack ships and planes, the more we have the better.//

We don’t need ships to defend us against our enemies. We need tanks.

They were all “fast tracked” by Blair and Co. in order to get their compliant men/women in place and ready to do as they’re told.
    Having become accustomed to their fat pay cheques and high-on-the-hog life styles they aint gonna go willingly, roll on the confessionals.

Thanks for all these tips. I’ll need to work on the archive suggestion.

The problem with our defence today is that no nation is permitted the full scope of military capabilities. Only by acting en bloc with others can we put up effective defence. We have no fleet air arm booked for future use and must depend on France, for example.

Mrs Thatcher agreed that Britain would go to war if the Pres of US commands us, based on the Trident nuclear submarine deal.

We have no independent existence, if we ever did. The US has fallen victim to an extra-governmental network which controls media, politics, military and us, thanks to Maggie.

Sadly I don’t have Greg Hallet’s book, despite several attempts to buy it online and through Booka Books. I have bought similar themed books on Amazon in case they carry similar information, and have read articles by Greg online. If anyone has a copy of the book, let me know how to buy it!

Maybe a reader in New Zealand could track him down? His website is http://www.greghallett.com/

Tell him people in the UK want to read his book but can’t get a copy. Send us a stack of them.

I can’t get his site to work

9. I can get it to work and its fascinating, Try it in firefox

10. But it costs £30 for a book I dont have the funds…

I have mentioned Gregg Hallet on numerous occasions, he has produced some very informative stuff.
    I have read ‘Gifting The United Nations to Stalin’. I started reading ‘Stalins British Training’, but got side tracked, & went off on a Tangent at the time, other stuff took over so never completed it. The Site Link works perfectly well Tap. I have passed on your requet for the name of a UK Supplier of Greg Hallet & Spymaster Books.

Regards ……… WASP

12. wasp says:

Regards ……… WASP

The first one didn’t work for some reason.

13. Road_Hog says:

I love this sketch, it’s about 6 years old now, but still bang on. Worth a laugh if you haven’t seen it.

And our new/current fleet flagship is a helicopter carrier. Yes the pride of the RN, our premier warship, is a helicopter carrier, not an aircraft carrier, battleship or even a light cruiser.

Don’t bother looking for any main armaments or aircraft or a peashooter, because there aren’t any.